Friday, March 28, 2008

When we moved into this house, almost 10 years ago, we tried to tare down the wall paper in the two bedrooms to find that the wall paper was put up right over the wall board. The one room we got pretty good. I can still see where the wall board was torn when we took off the paper, but it still looks okay.

Now the other room had this yukky wall paper with sail boats on it. I wall papered over it but the wall paper ended up getting ripped so I tore it down to once again--live with that ugly sail boat wall paper.

With the day off today, I got out the paint to paint over the sail boats and low and behold, bubbles came up all over the wall. I kind of figured that would happen but thought it was worth a try. So off to the movies I went. I was done.

We went and saw College Road Trip. It was pretty cute.

Upon returning home, the bubble disappeared~YEAH! You can still see the line from the wall paper but let me tell you, this is much better than those stinken sail boats.

Not bad, huh!

Last night we had our YW auxiliary training. I felt good about it. Kris L gave an amazing talk on personal progress that really touched many of the ladies. It was all good. I really liked the idea that Penny gave us.
Our theme was 'Feed my Sheep'. Melissa made sheep and put the girls name on each one and we taped them all over the room. Then the leaders had to go and find their sheep (girls). Some were left, some were hidden. Just like life. So when they were all done, I went and gathered the girls that were left to see if the leaders had missed some of their girls. Funny thing was....I kept finding them even after they left.
Okay, now that that is over, I will not put tape on the wall's at the church ever. ( I got a memo asking us not to) Wops. I guess I had better ask for forgiveness.
Thanks for the idea Penny~yea, then she ran off to Disney Land. I hope she is having tons of fun.


3 comments:

Jones Family said...

It looks good Mom. Great Job! Much better then the sail boats.

Mom and I were talking today and both agreed no matter how many years ago they were put up the could not have been in style. They were the furthest from cute you can get.

Janna said...

Looks good! I didn't see the before, but I know you did a wonderful job!! ;) (Didn't know I was blogging too did ya! ;) YAY! Maybe I can be a part of ya'll's (the ward peoples) group? :)

-Janna

Sonja said...

okay Janna, you need to put down your blog address too! We need a ward list a.