Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane.....

Once again, my sister has blessed me with her hard work and love for our family. She gave me a disc with so many fun pictures that I haven't seen before. I have had so much fun looking at them and thought I would share just some of these pictures.
This is my dad. What a great dad and example he has been. Just some of the things that he did:
He played the trumpet, xylophone, drums.
He worked in Iran for I think....3 years. My family all went, but I wasn't born yet.
He was the assistent to the President at BYU and the Dean of Summer School.
He served as Mission President in Norway
Regional Representative for the church
Mission Representative in Norway
Built, with the help of my brother Pete, our home on holly circle.
He was a great gardener as you will see in the picture below. He had a big rose garden that he would come home from work each day and take care of.
He was a very dedicated father, husband, grandfather and member of the church.
He passed away when I was 15 years old and I seem to miss him more and more as each year passes. This was our back yard at holly circle. It was so pretty. My dad and mom both put so much time into this yard. It even had a water fountain back by the rose garden.

Here is our house under construction. I loved this home. It was being built while I was being born, so it is as old as I am. I even remember kissing it goodbye when I had to go to school. Okay, so that is a littl much, but yes it's true.

Just like Desi.....I have very few pictures of me when I was young so this was fun to see. Me in our home at holly circle

And here is my home and family after we had returned home from Norway. You know, I don't even know if I am in this picture....if I am MMMmmmm I couldn't tell you. I was 6 when I came home. I might be the one standing in front of my mom. Who knows!

Once again I have to thank Janet for sharing all the pictures with me. It has been so fun to look at them.










4 comments:

Jen said...

Sonja, thanks for sharing! You have a great family and it's nice to get a glimpse of your childhood memories.

Nick and Deanne said...

Those are fun pictures to look at. I miss that backyard. It's also fun to see pictures of my dad growing up. I love hearing more about Grandpa. . . I never feel like I know enough about him.

Andrea B. said...

I didn't realize you were so young when you dad died. I've only had it in context with Mike. What a hard time to lose a father!!

Miss Pete said...

I loved seeing those pictures! It's fun to see everyone so young. I still miss grandma! It's funny because every time I'm pregnant, I dream about her a lot. I need to get that analyzed. :)