Saturday, August 9, 2008

Heber....here we come

Getting ready to take off for camp. Jed was kind enough to let me take his truck. So, umm, it may be the last time :)
On our way up to Heber we had to stop off for a sonic slush....HAPPY HOUR

What is a retreat without a chocolate bar? That wouldn't be a retreat I would be at. Yes of course we had chocolate.

Look how cute our marshmallows are with the umbrellas

Look at all the handouts
These are our handouts that each lady received. It had everything you need to pamper yourself in it. It even had chocolate.

Some of our great leaders that I am so privileged to work with. Thank you ladies for a great retreat.


This year we did vinyl on tiles for our craft. Who doesn't love that?

Our Stake President, Pres. Rushton and Gerald cooked and served all of us dinner and then cleaned everything up. You know, I think it's their turn for a retreat where we ladies pamper them.

Gerald out did himself with brownies. He knows us women love chocolate

Do you see this 5'5 110 beautiful lady? If you don't, you are missing out. You go girl!
While Charlotte was introducing Julie she made a few mistakes so Julie came up to help her introduce herself.
Julie talked to us about Preventing Emotional Burnout. Some of the things she touched on was
Feel and Express full range of emotions...that's where the sad, made, angry, happy came from.
Give yourself permission to say no...Don't make up excuses
Do your emotional family history
take responsibility for your own happiness
Practice being kind to yourself
Learn to ask for and accept help

Julie is an amazing singer. She had Judy hold the mic for her while she sang songs that she wrote. She is very talented.
I'm telling you, these two men are my hero's. Have you not seen them at all Stake activities. They have always made me feel that what I have to say is important and they will take the time for me when ever.....
Tradition is a movie in the cabin when all is done and over for the night. Treats, yes we had them all.
We didn't start the movie until 10:30 or so but yes I was still awake. I know...shocker
This deer didn't care if we were there or not. They just enjoyed the spirit that was there.

Look how close Desi was able to walk by the deer. Nature is amazing, isn't it!

Danika looked way to nice for being out camping. What do you think? Thanks Danika for leaving your family retreat to come up and tell us about girls camp next year and especially for the spirit that you bring. You are truly amazing.

With a 4 month old nursing baby and 2 girls at home with dad (Tim, you are the best)! Desi joined us for our retreat to get some idea's for her RS and help her mom out. What would I ever do without her? Don't want to know thanks.
Carrie best known as 'Justins Mom' came up and joined us too. It was so fun to have her with us.
I hope she felt a little pampered too.

They all got a little pampering. Who doesn't need that?

I chose this picture of these great ladies because they have been up at camp all week and then came and joined us overnight for our retreat. They deserve to be pampered, don't you think.
Check out this guy. Do you think he lives in Paradise? He looks pretty happy to me.

This was at our testimony meeting. They were all wanting to get a nice tan. Can you believe they were cold. Me, I was trying to find the shade.
As always, this is one of my favorite parts of it all. To hear the sisters bare their testimonies. I didn't know all the ladies up there but as they bore their testimonies, I felt a closeness to them that I would not have if I had not been there. I am so grateful to all that made this retreat so great. Thank you!

3 comments:

Kodelle said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. So sorry I missed it.

Young Family said...

Looks like it was a great success!! Way to go!! You always plan such amazing things.

Warner Family said...

That was great. I enjoyed my time I had there very much. Could you have found a better pic?