Thursday, August 7, 2008

2008 Retreat

I am so looking forward to going up to Heber Valley Girls camp with the women of our Stake. Every year I come home with that little extra 'motivation' that I need. The ladies that I work with in our Stake are amazing. I have been so blessed to serve with them.

Yesterday as I was reading I came across this statement from Pres. Hinckley. I have read it many times but thought I would share it with all of you.

"Woman is God's supreme creation. Only after the earth had been formed, after the day had been separated from the night, after the waters had been divided from the land, after vegetation and animal life had been created, and after man had been placed on the earth, was woman created; and only then was the work pronounced complete and good.

"Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth"

As we go to this retreat, my hope for all those who come join us is that they will leave this retreat knowing more so that they are truly God's supreme creation. That He loves each one of them no matter what may have in their past. Each one of these ladies are worth the time and effort these retreats take to put together.

2 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

I LOVED that quote. Thank you so much for doing that for us. It really was exactly what i was looking for. Everything that i had prepared was everything that you raylee and Shanna said. Even the part about asking "Do you come because you want to, or do you come becasue your parents make you" It's amazing to me how that works. I wish i could just figure out a way to help them all see those things in themselves. Especially Hailey

Kodelle said...

That quote is so inspiring. Thank you for the lift.