Friday, August 22, 2008

Finally finished.....



So for the last few months...yes months, I have been reading the book "Watch and Be Ready-Preparing for the Second Coming of the Lord". It is one of those books that I didn't know if I really wanted to know, but wanted to know books. It has so much good stuff in it and things that I know I need to work on but, there was one part that I read today that I wanted to share. It reads:

Not long ago, a former student came to see me who had lost his membership as a result of repeated, willful iniquity. He said he waned to straighten out his life. I asked him if he had a testimony, and he said no, he didn't. Surprised, I asked him why he waned to repent and regain his membership if he didn't have a testimony. I will never forget his answer: "I don't know right now that the Church is true, but I know that I once knew, and I know God knows I once knew. The Church didn't change between then and now--I did. And now I want to know again what I knew before, and I am willing to repent to do it." Even where one's endurance has failed before the end, repentance can always bring about a new beginning.

Do you think maybe it was the gift of the Holy Ghost that he was missing?

One who once lived without the Gospel in my life I now recognizes the strength and the blessings of being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Not that life is any easier because life still happens but the peaceful feeling of the Holy Ghost is there and comforting. Just like what I read in this months visiting teaching lesson....

President James E. Faust (1920–2007), Second Counselor in the First Presidency: "A conviction that you are a daughter of God gives you a feeling of comfort in your self-worth. It means that you can find strength in the balm of Christ. It will help you meet the heartaches and challenges with faith and serenity" ("What It Means to Be a Daughter of God," Liahona, Jan. 2000, 123; Ensign, Nov. 1999, 102).

5 comments:

Young Family said...

Thanks for your great words of wisdom!! You are such an amazing person with such great spiritual insight. I love you!!

Jen said...

Great thoughts, thanks.

I just wanted you to know how much I love the music you have on here. I like to read your blog last and then just keep the page up while I go do other things so I can listen :)

Kristy said...

I was blog surfing through your links and found the "Crosby family". Are they living in Erie Pennsylvania? My brother and his wife moved there about 3 weeks ago to go to Med school. If that is really where they are we should introduce them. By the way how do you know them?

Sonja said...

She is my cute niece. Okay, they are all cute! Nick is there in Med school too. You'll have to give me their names and I will send her an email....

Kodelle said...

So true. So true. The gospel is constant it is we who stray. I love the new look.