Saturday, August 2, 2008

Beehive Deacon Jr Youth Conference

Someone asked, "Why do you have these Jr. Youth Conferences? You know that you don't need to do them"
This questions has stuck with me the past couple of days because....Why would we not do them?
Look at our youth. They are worth what ever extra we have to give to them. They are our future!

I personally had a blast. It was worth every minute.
We had a Jr. youth committee that helped Sister Loertscher and Bro Erickson in planning the activities. They did an amazing job.
We started out doing service. Which I did not hear one youth complain about.

Pres. Harman said he was going to announce in stake conference that if any parents have problems with their youth complaining about cleaning their rooms, to call me. he he...

Here are some of the things that we did.
We painted T-shirts

The youth cleaned up the pavilion (which really needed it) and bathrooms.
So when you go up to the stake pavilion, notice how nice everything looks. They even painted Men and Women on the bathroom doors so that you know which one to go into.
Played games. Sister Caldwell came up with some really fun games to play.
best part...Water slide. I love water and yes I did go down.
Food..ya gotta have the food. What a great Stake Presidency we have. Talk about service. These men are always serving us. I appreciate them so much.
Melissa Parry came and spoke to us. She is such an amazing speaker. I really enjoy hearing her speak.
She's funny too.
Miss Hayley did awesome in conducting and singing. Her and Sydney McDonald were over the spiritual part of our youth conference. They planned out the whole program and it was fantastic.
A huge thanks to all those who helped prepare and those who showed up. We truly are blessed with the best youth. They are worth everything.

1 comments:

Warner Family said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I would have loved to have come over and play, but I think Haley would have thought I was in the way. Shes at that age.
Thank you for sharing your time with these great young people. You are the best!!