Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I know, it's either feast or famine. I guess I just have time today and lot's of thoughts. Chloee and Rosee got a new home today. I went and bought them a swimming pool. They are loving it. I tried to get them in the pool but they ran from me. One day soon, they are going to figure out that I am not going to hurt them. Silly Ducks!

I didn't even think twice about getting the pool today until I went to WalMart and paid for the pool. For most of you - you know that Derrik drowned in a little pool like this. It has been 29 years ago this month. I 'don't think' I have bought a pool since. I may have....you know that part timers/Alzheimer. Wait, did I say 29 years ago ;0 Truly I am the only mom that is only 29 and has 'almost' 2 kids that are older then her.
It just really hit me as I went to pick it up and put it in my car. I remember it as if it were yesterday. I know - after 29 years it's time to let go! Easy said.....We just have a rule around here. NO ADULTS - NO KIDS ALLOWED. My poor grand kids. It's amazing I let them even breath.

2 comments:

Beck said...

I actually just purchased a pool like that and thought of Derrick and you. We have the same rule around our house. My neighbors Im sure think Im crazy cause I barely put any water in it and watch the kids like a hawk, but its better to be safe then sorry. Love the ducks! They are so lucky to have you!!

sully said...

I think you had a little "moment of healing" when you bought that pool. Funny how your little ducks played a part in it:)