Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Home Evening


It is so much fun to do things with the family. Penny told me about this pumpkin patch. So we took Desi and her kids down and let the girls pick out their pumpkins. This is the first time I have ever done anything like that. The girls were so excited that it made my night! We walked around all of the pumpkin patch so Zoee could find that 'perfect' pumpkin.

She shops just like me....I have to see everything before I can decide what I want to purchase. I remember my dad stopping at a bench in the mall to tell me to come find him when I had finally made up my mind. Sorry Desi, she gets that from me.

Now Evva....every pumpkin she saw was the perfect pumpkin. She wanted me to hold it so she could go on to find the next perfect pumpkin. She is so cute!

Then we went on a tractor ride around the farm. Evva was so worried that the tractor was going to squash the pumpkins.

We took them home and Desi remembered to have a spiritual thought so she read out of the scriptures. What a great example and mother she is.

2 comments:

Kodelle said...

My girls love the pumpkin patch too. Katie is all about the perfect pumpkin.

Miss Pete said...

I love the pumpkin patch! That's one Fall festivity I don't mind doing. Looks like you had a great time. You are the cutest grandma!