Friday, June 20, 2008

My Family is Everything

kevin

The past week or so I have been asked time and again

"What do you do when you and your husband fight"?

I have hesitated not wanting people to feel bad about

their marriage or relationship, but we don't fight.

I have wondered about that and have been given the answer.

Our relationship was founded on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We both came back to church with the same desires of our hearts.

We both know that this life on

earth is short. (even though some days it feels like eternity).

We both believe that we made promises before we came to earth

to help all who we know around us to Come unto Christ.

We both believe that we can have our Family with us forever

~ if we live the way we know we should. Our family is everything

to us, even being a mixed family

we love them 'all' very much. We want them 'all'

to be with us for eternity.

We both have a strong testimony of the

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I am so grateful that Jed is so willing to serve.

That he honors his priesthood.

Are we perfect? Absolutely not!! far from it!

But we really do not fight and I am so grateful for that.

I think we both did enough fighting in our previous marriages

to last a life time.

A quote from Sheri Dew "No One Can Take Your Place"

Our Father wants His children back, and He will go to

great lengths to help them-as evidenced, first and foremost,

by the fact that He gave His Only

Begotten Son, who in turn gave His life.

I am grateful to my Mom and Dad (whom never fought also)

for their great example to me.

2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

That's an awesome post Aunt Sonjia. I do believe if you build your marriage on the church that everything will work out. BUT I also believe that Jed is very smart not to annoy you. HAHA jk. I've got a lot to learn from you Jed. I love you guys.
Drew

Sonja said...

Oh man, you know me to well. Jed is very smart.