Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

What a great day this is. A day to honor the men in our lives.
We went to our ward and then to Tim and Desi's ward to hear Zoee sing.
It was so nice of Karen to invite her up to sing with our ward. It was so fun to
watch her sing.
We heard some great talks about fathers. They all brought such a sweet spirit
into our day and helped me focus on fathers.
Jed has been such a great father to our children. A great example and a man
that I love having as an example to my children and those who watch him.
In Rainbows talk she made the comment how she had married a man like her
father. I did too. My father was a man who loved the gospel. He served with all
his heart, mind and strength. Though I didn't appreciate it while I was growing
up, I sure do love, admire and appreciate him now. One of the talks in Desi's ward talked about how we change our thought of our
father as we grow older. Example: (cause I can't remember exact)
When your
1~they are everything
5~ want to be with them
8~ the smartest man in the world
10~May not know everything
15~He's to old to know what I am going through
18~He doesn't know anything
25~ will ask anyone but your dad
30~He may know a little about what is going on
40~I wouldn't do anything without asking my dad
50~ I would do anything if my dad were only here to ask!
How true is that!!!
What I wouldn't do to hug my dad and tell him just how much I love him
and how sorry I am that I didn't listen to him and do those things that
he wanted me to do and to tell him how grateful that he is my dad.
Fathers are great! Don't ever take them for granted. You never know when
they will be gone (for now)

I am so grateful for what a good father Tim is to my Zoee, Evva and Briggs. I
can tell how much he loves his children. I love to watch him hold Briggs. I am
grateful for how good he is to my Desi. She deserves the best and I feel she got him.
I am so glad that he let's me call his children mine cause
I so love them!

I love what a good dad Derrik is. I always wonder if Derrik really knows what a
blessing he is in my life. I am so grateful that he is here and that he has a family
and loves them the way that he should. I am so proud of him. He is my miracle!


Of course I have to say I have the best daughter ever. She came with her little
family early in the morning to fix Jed breakfast for Fathers day. She is so thoughtful
of Jed. I am not sure I would want to get 3 kids up and over to my house to fix
breakfast before our 9 AM meetings and then go to 2 sacrament meetings with
3 kids. Remind you.....I wouldn't do that when I had three kids. My mom would
come out and take my kids to church so that they would have some religion in there
lives. (but that's another story)
I am sure the best part of parenthood is Grand kids.
I love that they love each other.
I think Tysen had better watch out. The girls sure do like him.

Without children there would be no fathers. How blessed we are to have them all.

3 comments:

Jones Family said...

I would have to agree... We are so lucky to have such wonderful men in our life. I am so glad to have Jed, Tim and Derrik.

Damian said...

Such a wonderful looking family. I love the pics.

Johnson said...

What a wonderful post! I sure do appreciate my dad more now than I ever have! It is great to have such wonderful men in our lives..but your family is also very lucky to have you too..cause you're great too!!!