Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weeks are going faster and faster. I can hardly believe that we are in our last term at school. It makes me sad to think about going to graduation with out my friend Doris. We always had so much fun at graduation. We would sit down on the floor with the graduates and cheer them on. It just wont be the same with out her there.
This last week we had a ice cream social with the girls basketball team. They were going to do it down in the Cafeteria but I didn't like that idea. YUK! So I talked them into doing it up in the library. I really didn't think that we would have such a good turn out. Maybe we should have had it in the cafeteria. Oh well - it's done!
I got to decorate the tables. The best investment I ever made was in those cute lanterns. I think they have been worth every penny. The funny thing is, I still had them in my car when I went to a Relief Society meeting and we were talking about decorations and I ran out and grabbed one to show them.
We will be using them once again for our RS night.
I gave all the Varsity girls their picture in a frame. One of the players took all the pictures that I had taken over the season and put them together with some music so that we could watch them while they ate ice cream. Coach Adams gave out the awards. It was short and sweet.

This is Coach Anderson. We were all trying to fix her up until she finally admitted she had a boyfriend. Well, about 2 weeks ago he proposed to her. He is one lucky guy!! She is such a good lady.

When I told Zoee that I was going to go with the basketball girls she said "I think I should go too, I was their number 1 best cheer leader". When I told Adams about that he said "go get her". She should be there. I think she had fun. She wanted me to take a picture of her and her 'aunt' Mahina. I really had fun working with these girls and watching the team pull together. I don't know what it is but there is just something about working with young women this age.....

I guess the Lord thinks I have something for them too because...I just got called to be the assistant Stake Camp Director for out stake. YEAY!
I love Girls Camp!!

Okay so it won't be as good as the Magna Central Girls "I will always love you girls"! But it's a new chapter to something that I love. I am so excited. I think I shocked the Stake President with my reaction. I just couldn't contain myself. I really thought that we were being called in to speak at stake conference...
So we have lived out here for 6 months. For 5 of those months I was sliding along with no calling. Okay I did have one, visiting teaching. Way too much time on my hands. In this past month I have received 3 callings. Relief Society board, Relief Society Teacher and now camp. When I was called in for the 2nd calling, I said to the 1st counselor "so how many callings does everyone get out her"?
Really I was just joking.
I really think that Heavenly Father was letting me finish up with the basketball season. What perfect timing.
Now spring break....
I am so ready. I went and picked up Briggs and Evva last night and we had a sleep over. Yes, we got stuck in that parking lot on 80th because of the stinkin fire. The kids were such troopers. I was almost in tears waiting for them to let us drive through. Miss Evva said a prayer and with in 5 minutes they let us go. All in all we were stuck for about 1 1/2 hours. It was her prayer that helped (or helped me) through that.
Tysen came up for the cousin bath time.
They have so much fun together. I am looking forward to these days off and being with my family. I love Conference weekend and Easter (or the Easter candy). I am excited to listen to our Prophet and hear what he has to tell me.
Next to the 4th of July, Conference weekend is my favorite.
One last thing.....I am so excited for Timmy and Ang. IT'S A GIRL!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

0 comments: