Saturday, March 6, 2010

Random Thoughts:

Some of you have wondered what it meant by "Owner of The Pit Bull" under Mahinas picture. Those of you who may know her will totally understand but for those of you who don't ... this girl is very feisty. When she was a sophomore I was shocked to hear that she had been in a fight. "I know, I am very naive". She can be tough because she has had to be all of her life.
Oh, did I say long story short?
Not sure if that will happen!
During basketball some girls from the other team got on her and it took everything she had not to turn and punch them - oh yea, the whole team. "I was so proud that she kept her cool"!!!!
Well after that, everyone started to call her the pit bull - and it stuck. She printed me out a sign that said "Owner of the Pit Bull". She had said she couldn't punch them because she saw Tina and my face.
Anyways.........
She found me on facebook yesterday and I had accepted her. She left a message on my wall but when I clicked on it to get the message it said "Message not Available".
Oh my gosh - I typed in her name and there was no Mahina there. I was a little worried so I put on my status "Where did my Mahina go"?
lol, if you ever want to know where someone is, just post it on facebook.
Thanks to all of my good friends that tracked her down and made her call me to check in. Thanks you for not calling me at midnight though, your sister and brother can explain why.

Next:
Yesterday as Jed was leaving work, he went out to find that he had a flat tire. YUK! His tires are bald and we knew that it would be happening soon. It's just that stinkin $$ thing. So we had to "suck it up" (I will only say that once, thanks Des) and pay for 2 new tires. Well as we were finishing up at the desk paying for the tires, the guy that changed the tire came in with eyes as big as golf balls. He said "Man - that was so weird! As I was backing your truck up all of a sudden there were these lights flashing. I didn't know what the heck until I looked in your back seat and saw that disco ball".
LOL

We had lent it to the Magna Central Stake for their dance and he had never taken in out of his truck.
Okay, I guess you had to be there. It was pretty funny if I don't say so myself.

Now my last random thought for today:
I had the opportunity to give a Book of Mormon away this past week. For all of you that know me, I cry at the drop of a hat. These girls don't really know me like that. I am the one that yell at them all in the halls and tells them to get to class. I am sure I must have shocked the poor girl. Yes I cried as I testified of the Book of Mormon and asked her if she would read it. This girl has class. Her response was "I will read it because you guys gave it to me and I love you guys". I have never given away a bom before and wasn't quit sure how receptive someone would be so the next day I pulled her aside and asked her to tell me the truth, how she felt.

Her response touched my heart.
"I know that you care about me and that is why you would give the book to me. I was not offended at all. I believe in religion and it's good".
So for anyone out there that is afraid to share something that you believe in - Don't be!
Do I think she will read it?
Yes I do because I believe that she cares about me too.

1 comments:

Beck said...

You are one amazing lady. And I am so glad that we are related. Your such a great example to all of us!! Love ya