Sunday, March 14, 2010

Maybe Next Week...

I am really hoping that next week will be a better week. I know -I have nothing to complain about but...last week was just not my week. I think that every time I think "we just might get a head enough to buy some cupboards..." Something happens like needing tires or car breaks down, So I have taken that out of my thought proses from here forward. I am going back to " I will never". That seems to work out better for me. Like back in the day when "I will never live in Magna" I will never get married again". lol!

Friday was Temple night. We were going to go early so that we could be home at a reasonable time. We went over to Tim and Desi's a little early and just visited. As we were loading up in the car I asked them all...."Do you all have your recommends"? And then a little voice in the back of my head said "Do you know you have yours"? I didn't. They said, "you can call your Bishop or your stake president". I haven't been in our ward long enough for them to even know that I have a recommend. You know - that's an awful feeling! So we all took a nice long trip out to Tooele to pick up my recommend. Early night was not so early after all. Thanks guys for making sure I came with. I even thought about dropping them off and then going back and picking them up from the Temple. Okay, I'm selfish! I wanted to go too.
Saturday I decided I was not going to stay home. Jed had work and then the Temple. Somehow I talked Derrik into going in to Salt Lake to do some shopping. He may never want to go with me again. He works all night and had very little sleep. So we jumped in the car and drove 35 miles an hour through the snow storm so that I could do some shopping. Everything was great until we went out to the car and tried to start it. It wouldn't start. I knew it wasn't the battery. I could tell it was something to do with the fuel pump. What was I going to do? Jed was at the Temple. Desi was at the Library with Jen and Tim was at school. I had to go walk for a minute to pull my thoughts together. It's been a long time since I have had car problems where I needed to call someone to come help me. So who could I call? Who did I use to call? JED. It has always been Jed. Even back in the days we were not married and my x was too busy to come help me - I called Jed. He has always been there to help me. Thank goodness I have the temple phone number memorized. I called the Temple and within 5 minutes Jed called me back and came to my rescue again. MY KNIGHT! All dressed up in a suit. Then Desi and Jen came and then Tim came and the car got towed away. What a day!

Sunday...I wanted to take some pictures and went to find my camera. MY CAMERA! It's in my car.
Okay so there are some things that give me high anxiety. No temple recommend, No car, NO CAMERA. Thank goodness for BEJEWELED and my blood pressure medicine. My stress relievers. (jk)..kind of. It's the weekend so I can't really do anything until tomorrow. So here's to next week. I may 'never' have a good week.

Sorry no pictures. Just imagine 7" of fresh snow. That's what we got out here.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh gosh, I'm sorry! Weeks like that can really get us down. We had car problems on Sat, too. Not fun.

Hope this weeks looks sunny!

sully said...

Why, I wonder, Did God have to remind you what a special person your husband is? Or maybe, he was giving you a little extra time with your son? (Or more likely it's the devil trying to mess with your determination on various projects)
I hope this week is a great one! & you have a massage waiting so why are you taking B.P. pills?