Thursday, March 4, 2010

I just wanted to blog for no reason at all. I don't have cute pictures to blog about just a wonderful daughter that has so much energy that it makes me tired. jk....I love it! She seems to motivate me when my motor is on idle.

We have some very close friends that are going through some trials right now. I wish that we had $$. That just seems to be one problem everywhere. My daughter has come up with some great ideas to help raise some money for this family but we need everyone to help.

1st: Garage Sale
This will take place on March 27th (location will be announced soon)
We would like 100% of the money raised from this to go straight to the family. If you have anything that you would like to donate (please no 8 track tapes, etc) that may bring in some money, let us know. If you feel ambitious and would like to bake cookies to sale - please know that I may eat at least one before selling them. I just want to make sure they aren't poisoned. tee hee.

2nd: 5 K
I have found someone that will help with shirts. We will have to pay for them but he will give us a good deal so that we can make money.
We are thinking around the end of April.
If you are ambitious and want to help out, let Desi or me know.
We will need flyer's made and passed out.
Maybe even some goodies made to have there to sell.
I would love to see hundreds of people there.

3rd: $$
If anyone would just like to donate money :)

I am sure you are wondering for what? So long story short.....
We have a close friend who's husband has been on dialysis for a very long time. He has the chance to get a kidney but in order for them to do it - -oh yea...$$
This family has always taken care of those around them. They have blessed my family many times. Always thinking of others. I have always wondered how she can stay so happy. What a great example she has been to me. I just pray that a miracle will happen...just for them!

Now back to my daughter that is so awesome....Thank you for being you and having a big heart. You have such a big purpose here and I am so blessed to call you mine! I love you!!

1 comments:

Tracy Rushton said...

Count me in Sonja. 5K, Yard Sale, baked goods, whatever. I will talk with Desi next time I see her but let me help