Saturday, February 27, 2010

100 Years Old

I have a cousin that lives in California (which I might add is quit amazing) that has put on a family reunion and now a birthday party for his Mom (my Aunt) in the past 2 years. See most of us cousins live here in the Salt Lake area and it takes the one farthest away to get us all together. Pretty crazy-I know!

Anyways......

This beautiful lady just turned 100 years old. She is my dads sister and the oldest of his family.

This is my dads younger brother Uncle Elden and Aunt Alice.

My brother Pete and his wife Colleen.

My sister Janet and her husband Phil

My sister Colleen and her husband Craig.

My sister Susan and her husband Mark

and of course....me and Jed.

We had such a good time. After each family got pictures taken with Aunt Rhoda, we went in and had dinner. We had it at Gardner Village and it was good! They went around the room and each family got to introduce themselves and say something that they remembered about Aunt Rhoda. It was fun to hear all the comments. Then they showed a DVD they had put together of Rhoda and the past 100 years. It was so fun to see the pictures. Fun to see pictures of my mom and dad too. Boy it brought back a lot of memories.

They brought out cake and we all sang to her. Each family got to take home a copy of the DVD and a framed picture of Aunt Rhoda. What a great party and company. It was so nice to be with family today. I will have to say too that if I ever get to be 100 years old (and no I don't wish that) I hope to be just like her.

1 comments:

Dan and Bec said...

Thanks for posting about this. Mom just emailed me about it too. I am coming out for a week starting this Thursday. Sure would be fun to see you and your kids!!