Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cyprus 52/ Granger 40

The Pirates utilized a strong fourth quarter to pull off the win and force a play-in game for the final Region 2 spot in the state tournament. Lori Parkinson and Kelly Uriarte combined for 27 for Cyprus. The Pirates and Lancers will face off again on Thursday

Note: Granger and Cyprus finished tied for fourth in Region 2 and they'll have a play-in game on Thursday at Murry High School. Region 4 wraps up play on Thursday.
So the Granger game was to be our last game. Who would have thought? When I got to work on Tuesday I heard the news that if we win this game we would be tied to go to play offs. To be honest with you, I wasn't sure that I wanted us to win. I know "selfish". That all changed when we were at the game. Oh My Gosh! I don't think I have ever gone to such a fun game. My throat hurts! We were behind by 8 before half time.

Okay so that facts are: We have won Granger 2 times. (Temple night is Friday night/ game of Friday). What do you think?. . yea, We will be going to play offs ;)

0 comments: