Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cottonwood 31 Cyprus 32

Lori Parkinson blocked the Colts' potentially game-winning shot as time expired while Kelly Uriarte notched 16 points.

Last night was our girls basketball Senior night. All the senior girls got to start the game. Each one of the seniors were honored and had their parents walk with them as the girls read something about each one. I was honored to walk down with Dakota. She is the manager of the team. This girl showed up to every practice and every game. Although she is very shy, she is very dependable. Best of all is that she stuck it out to the end.
Of course I have to show my adopted daughter with her foster parents. I am so glad they showed up for her.

Needless to say (because of the title of the blog) WE WON!!!

They so deserved to win. These girls have worked so hard. What a party!
Kelly made 16 baskets. Mahina made 7 baskets with 1-3 pointer. I am very proud of these girls.

To finish up a good night, we stopped off at our (still ours) Stake Valentines dance. It was so nice to be around friends. I miss them so very much. Magna Central will always be my home.

I got to dance with my grand kids.

And of course the traditional Stake leaders dance. You guys did great!

And grandpa got to dance with his granddaughters. What a nice way to finish off a long week.

Thanks for letting us crash your party. I am sure it won't be the last time :)

1 comments:

Rachael said...

We will take you any time we can gettcha!! We love you!!