Wednesday, January 27, 2010

When Doris passed away, we had a SBO come and ask if Kennecott would light the C in remembrance of her. They said they would do it the 1st 2 days and then again on her viewing and funeral nights. I was going to go take a picture of it and kept forgetting to take my camera in. I asked my cute daughter if she would take a picture of it for me. I was thinking that she would just step outside her house and take it but she went out of her way to get a good picture for me. Thanks Des!
This past week has been hard. I didn't realize just how much Doris's death was going to affect me. It did. I feel like I have dealt with death a lot in my life-no, I have dealt with death a lot in my life. It doesn't seem to get any easier. I know they are all in a better place and that I will see them again one day. Some day's that just doesn't sooth the pain.
Past that......I realized on Monday night that Doris funeral was on my moms birthday. I thought about how my mom passed away and compared it to how quick Doris passed away. Many things that were talked about at the funeral reminded me of my mom. All the grand kids knew that my mom loved them. I walked away wondering if my grand kids knew how much I loved them. Thank you Zoee for reinforcing that for me today. Cause I love them tons! My mom had tons of energy and so did Doris. My mom had her hair done, maybe not every week like Doris but she always went to Jan to have her hair done often. Okay so Doris was a little more overboard on the hair.....Nobody touched her hair! That's funny!! I felt so much peace from going to that funeral. I even could picture my mom going up and putter her arms around Doris and telling her thank you for being such a good friend to me. I liked that thought.
I know that there will be many more deaths in my life time and I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of our Savior, for the plan of Salvation, for Temples, temple sealings, for a husband that had better not leave before me!! I am grateful to know that I am sealed to my sweet husband, eternal families. For my family.
Life is so short that I hope in this short period of time, those around me will know that I really do love and care about each one of them.

2 comments:

Young Family said...

I am sorry you have had a hard week. I am sure Grandma and your friend are having a great time together. You are a wonderful person and do a great job at letting others around you know that you love them. Love you!!

Jones Family said...

Zoee was so cute saying.... Grandma don't even think you can be any better. You are the BEST!