Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mom's Birthday Lunch

Every year we get together for my Mom's birthday. We always go to the same restaurant and they are so good to let us stay as long as we would like. With our family, that would be around 3 hours.

This year Janet brought some letters that she had that Mom and Dad had kept. It was so much fun to listen to these letters from back in like 1950. To see Dad's log of extra money that he had made from the band he played in and the tithing that he paid on the money he had made. One letter was from Dru and Chris when they adopted Jennifer. How fun for Jennifer to hear how excited they were to finally get her in their family. It is always so nice to have them with us.

We laughed and we cryed. 'Pete started it!' It was so nice. I can never express how grateful I am to be a part of this great family. I love being with them.

We missed Colleen this year and hope she is up and feeling better soon.
As I looked at this picture of our family, I realized that the empty chair by Jed was meant for Colleen.
I am now looking forward to my Aunts '100' birthday party next month. I love to be with my family.

1 comments:

Rachael said...

I so know Brother Brown he was my seminary teacher in High school @ Kearns High LOVED it!!