Sunday, August 16, 2009

A New Chapter

I thought it was time to post some of the changes that are coming our way. So many people have already heard that we are moving.....and yes, we are moving. I am going to call it our 2 year mission. I told Jed we can do this but only for "2 years" and then who knows what that next chapter will bring. We will be here for another 6 weeks. We plan on being in our new ward the 1st week in October.

As I was speaking to Pres. Rushton about our moving, I told him after Tooele we would most likely move closer to home (Provo). The past few weeks I have come to realize that home is not in Provo. I grew up in Magna. This is the place that my life changed. Here in the Lake Ridge 10th ward "Magna Central Stake". This is where my heart lye's.

We are not selling our house. Tim and Desi have been willing to come here and take over our payments so that we can go out and fix up the house in Tooele. That has taken a big load off of us not having to worry about our mortgage here. It will give us a little money to do what we need to do to fix up the house to sell.

When we first talked about what we were going to do, I thought about quiting my job and finding one out in Tooele. I was so grateful for my dear husband who told me "Our whole lives don't have to change". We are still close enough that we can keep in touch. Ohhhh that made it a little easier. Yes, I will still be at Cyprus.

Today we went to our new ward to check it out and to introduce ourselves to our Bishop. That was very hard for me. The 1st thing I did was look around for the Rushton's. No Rushton girls were there. Yes, I did start to cry. I tried to choose out all the young women. Not many but boy....they had a huge primary. So big that they had to have opening exercises in the chapel. MMmmmm no comment. They did announced a youth fireside and I got all excited. Oh my heart will always be with our youth. I so love our youth.

So I am off to a new adventure....kind of like Brittney who just went off to college "oh I miss you". Who knows, maybe in 2 years we will return to Magna. Only the Lord knows. We both know that this is what we need to do. We really don't know all right now but we do know that the Lord wants us to go there and we will do what the Lord wants us to do.

6 comments:

She-Mulk said...

Wow! I can't believe you are going away for a while. But we understand about following the promptings of the Lord. I have learned that when you listen, He makes everything work out well. I do miss the 10th ward-They are amazing, but you will find amazing people in Tooele, as well. Good luck and keep us updated!

Kodelle said...

Selfishly, I am so glad we have already moved so that I don't have to be sad you are leaving for a time. I know how much you will both be missed. But, how exciting; a new adventure. Hope it all goes well.

dieMutti said...

Wow, and to think you gave us a hard time about leaving :) You will definitely be missed! What will the Magna Central Stake do without the Richardsons? But all the best! If Heavenly Father wills it, there's a job to do there!

Young Family said...

Wow! I did not know you were doing this. I am sure that you will be missed. After the 2 years are up my vote is to come closer to Provo....don't hate me everyone!! I just love my aunt and want her closer to me. :)

Tracy Rushton said...

You will be in our prayers every step of the way and we hope your path leads back to Magna again someday.

Thank you so much for all that you have done for my girls, my whole family. We are better because we got to know and love you!!!!

sully said...

I am a bratt! I can't be happy you are moving! You guys are my rock, and rocks are supose to be immovable!!! (ok, so I know God moves mountains but I think he forgot to ask me how I feel about this.)What am I supose to do now? I hope you alert Tim, he may be getting a phonecall from me! Thank goodness he allready knows I'm crazy & need alot of help!!