Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Derrik

So today is Derriks birthday. I can hardly believe it has been 28 years. For any of you that know me....my hair turned gray very early in my life 'because of Derrik'.


Okay, so I will say I will take all the gray hair for him. He is my miracle child. I love him very much. I know he is a gift from God.


When he was first born, he had an infection in his blood and we had to take him back to the hospital for 10 days. Then when he was 10 months old, he nearly drowned in a small wading pool in my back yard. He was pronounced dead 3 times. Then Dr. Menton saw some pink in his cheeks and put him back on life support. They told me he would never walk or talk. That I needed to put him in a convalescent home. I told them they were wrong and that He would be walking again in 6 weeks.


6 weeks he was taking a few steps. That was a miracle in its self. He was like a new born baby at 12 months. He had to learn how to hold up his head again, sit up, stand up etc. I had the best physical therapist ever. He worked with Derrik every day for about 3 months straight. He was not only his therapist, buy mine too. He spent many hours listening to me. I owe him so much.


Derrik has been hit by a car, taken to juvy (I know, I know that sweet Innocent boy in trouble? Never). Okay, maybe once or twice. I really wondered if he would ever live. Now I look at him and thank Heavenly Father for him. He is such a good man. Great Father and Son.

I can say that he did live and teaches me life lessons everyday.


Yesterday for Pioneer day I had Jed working like crazy. He is so good to do all my little projects for YW. He worked for about 6 hours until I told him that was enough and now he had to come and play with the family. Man, I really think he may have needed scout camp last week just to get some rest from me. I love you Jed!


I love seeing the flags lined up and down the street. I love America! How blessed we are to live here.

So we all went swimming. So much fun. This was such a cute picture put you can't see their cute faces.
I took my camera to the swimming pool, ya I know. I don't need to take pictures of everything but I have to have pictures to blog. right?


After swimming we went home and BBQ'd Yummmy. I love being with the family. It was nice to have all my kids home with us. Thanks kids for humoring me and spending the day.

2 comments:

Miss Pete said...

We love your sweet family! Happy Birthday Derrik! He is a true testimony of miracles!

Jones Family said...

Wow! I look like a beached whale :D that was lots of fun! thanks so much for sharing your b-day with us Derrik!