Sunday, April 6, 2008

As I was listening to the TV after conference, Elder Ballard said
"May I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet…to share the gospel and explain in simple, clear terms the message of the Restoration,".

What a great way to express my feelings and testimony to each of you that read my blog.

I have been a member all of my life but, I was only converted about 12 years ago. Now as I think back, I always knew that God lived. I always knew that Jesus was the Christ and my Savior~even when I wasn't living the way that I knew I should be living. I have always believed that I am a Child of God but I didn't understand the meaning of why we are here and the importance of the Gospel. (okay, so I am a little slow). But there is a difference in just being a member and being converted...So are you converted?

How blessed we are to have the scriptures in our lives. Both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. To be able to read about our Saviors example for us to follow. To read about the prophets of old and to feel the spirit of the Holy Ghost testify to my heart that what I am reading is true.

Do I believe the Church is true? Absolutely!
Why? Because I have prayed and received a calm and peaceful feeling.
Do I believe in the Restoration of the Gospel? yes, once again I have prayed and I know that this church is true.
So do you believe in the Restoration of the Gospel? Do you have a testimony of Joseph Smith? Do you know that he was a prophet of God? If not, I challenge you to find out for yourselves.

I believe that we have been given a perfect example for us to follow. We could all be better people if we were more like our Savior. This world would be a better place to live. We wouldn't have to be afraid to let our children play out side of maybe even trust each other or our neighbors if we could all be a little more like our Savior.

I testify to you that Pres. Monson is a true prophet. He is here to lead and direct us. I testify to you that the church is true! that our Savior lives, that he loves each one of us. He wants us all to return to home to our Heavenly Father one day. He wants us to love and take care of each other. I so testify this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

So if any of you have not received an answer in your heart that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true, I urge you to pray, fast and read the scriptures so that you too can receive that answer for your self.

2 comments:

Kodelle said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely testimony.

Warner Family said...

Thank you for those words of councel. You are a great example.