Thursday, February 28, 2008

Night of Honor

For all of you that are in the young women program listen to this amazing combined activity that one of our wards did last night. It was amazing!
Each youth was asked to choose one person in the community that has made a difference in there lives. Then last night they had a dinner to honor these people. They honored 12 people last night. 9 of the 12 were teachers. One of the teachers were honored by 4 youth. For you from the Magna area, it was Mrs. McDonough from Brockbank Jr. high. Can you even imagine how she must have felt. I don't know about you but I don't feel that the teachers get enough money for what they do.

This is how it went. It was a formal dinner where they young men dressed in white shirts and black pants and seated each one of us. Then the youth served us dinner.
They had a Master of ceremony who did amazing.
During dinner one of the young men played the piano. Then music was provided by the Brockbank Jr High Jazz Band, from Mrs. McDonough. They were amazing.
The young men put together a slide show of these people being honored and the youth at school and work place with music.
The youth then were called up with the person they nominated to tell that person why they had been asked to come to this dinner (because they had made a difference in there life) and gave them a certificate and gift.
One of the youth had written a poem that was given to everyone:
You've passed ordinary and reached extraordinary.

These are the people that they honored for those of you who may know them.
Mr. Randall-Magna Elementary
Mrs. England-Brockbank Jr. High
Mrs. McDonough-Brockbank Jr. High
Mrs. Itow-Brockbank Jr. High
Bro. Burbidge-Matheson Jr. High Seminary Teacher! Stake YM Pres.
Bro. Meyers-Cyprus High Seminary Teacher
Mr. Berrest-Cyprus High
Mr. Moore-Cyprus High
Ms. Dondero-Hillcrest High
Bro. Case-Spencer 4th Ward
Mr. Hayes-Rogers Bakery About time someone recognized him. He does so much for us.
Mr. Mecham-Reams

Spencer 4th ward, You are Extraordinary!

3 comments:

Young Family said...

That is such a GREAT idea!! Thanks for sharing!!

Johnson said...

What an amazing idea! I love it! I bet those people felt so special. I was just catching up on my blogs. I loved your post about Jed. It is so much fun to hear all the new things..I never knew! Oh, and ya,..I am sure glad you will now be prepared for any future earthquakes! I had so many people call me or email me the morning of the earthquake. It was actually pretty funny. The first call came in at 7:40 A.M. and continued through the morning.

By the way, I can see Peterson in Derricks little baby. He actually reminds me a lot of Andrew when he was a baby!!! What a doll!!

jess said...

Wow that is so amazing. I bet those people were so touched. What an awesome idea!