Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Miracles and blessings

First of all I wanted to let anyone know that is interested in the sheet music of the song Pres. Hinckley wrote and was sung at his funarel, It will be availible for free down load starting the evening of Feb. 20
http://www.janicekappperry.com/

It has been a while since I have taken the time to blog. I think it's the winter--in-door blaas. Does anyoene else get that? I am so ready for the nice spring day's.

Anyway....
The past few day's I have been reading some family history that my sister gave to us for Christmas. I love the 'one' page quick read stories that she put together. My cute husband came home from work yesterday and found me at the table reading and crying....not cause I was sad, but because I have an incredible -- incredably blessed family. It starts out with my sister, whom I knew had polio as a youth but had no idea how blessed we are to have her here this day. I hope you don't mind Janet but I wanted to share.

She was one of 11 children that had gone in to the hospital with polio (she had 2 types of polio) and only 2 lived. Her and one other girl that was crippled. Janet had been parolized on her left side. She also had pneumonia on top of that. You would never guess it today.
Pres. David O Makay came to the hospital and gave her a blessing. Do I believe in the priesthood blessings. Uhhh yea! That's a no brainer.

Just in my family alone I have seen the many miracles of the priesthood. This is just one of the many and I want everyone to know how blessed I am to have her as my sister. (along with all of my brothers and sisters of course). I just wanted to focus on her for a minute and tell her how grateful I am that she is my sister. She is an amazing sister. What a great example she has been to me.

Now for a challenge. How many of you have writen --even a one pager--life history?
I have loved reading about my family. Thank you Janet for taking the time to put it together. I hope everyone has a Janet in there family.

1 comments:

Andrea B. said...

I really liked the family history stuff she did. It is great for the kids. Thanks Mom (Janet)!!!