Thursday, April 29, 2010

I have to first show you that Evva got her hard cast on yesterday. What a trooper she is. She loves the colors pink and purple so she chose a pink cast and then her parents got her a purple marker so people could write on it. We were all signing her cast before she left and so Briggs thought that was cool. He brought me up a marker and showed me his arm. LOL....I had to tell him "no Briggs, Grandma can't write on your arm.
Okay...now for the next part. I know Desi....I got goats because they are outside pets. I know, that's where they should be. I don't like pets indoors. But you have to hear me out first before you start laughing at me.

You all know that we had an awful Monday with our black lamb dieing. It was a very hard day for both Jed and me. For family night we went up and got one more goat. (I didn't want the other one to die from a broken heart..or me). The new little boy was doing really good. He took to the bottle and was eating really well.
Today I came home late to find Jed, Meagan and Derrik all around my littlest boy goat. The first one we got. He had become very sick and couldn't walk. Both Jed and I had said we were done if we lost one more. It's just too hard on the heart. (I know, we are softies). He looked like the little girl looked before she died. Jed called the Vet and the Vet told Jed all of the symptom that we were seeing. The Vet told us to get him on a heating pad and feed him his milk with some corn syrup in it or try some pedialite. I ran as fast as I could to the first store I came to, grabbed the corn syrup and pedialite and ran home. I fixed a bottle of pedialite with some corn syrup. It didn't take long and he was feeling better again. I guess they go into like a hyperglycemia state when they get cold. Yes cold.....so the Vet told Jed that we needed to keep them inside the house for the night or he won't make it. So yes....They are sleeping inside tonight in the playpen.

Yes, they are loving it! Okay, you can now laugh at us.
We are now going to go to bed. Jed just finished covering them up for the night.

3 comments:

Erin Macceo said...

Your goats are so cute and even though you've had heartache with them your posts still make me want one. Although I don't know how our dog would react and I know Chris would NEVER go for it. lol

Beck said...

I am laughing SO hard at you right now. That is the FUNNIEST picture I have ever seen. But I totally understand I would have done the same thing. They look so cute in there.

Jones Family said...

LOL- I am speachless.....