Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bad News First

So to look at this picture is nothing compared to what it looks like today. This poor little girl has got the blackest eye. When I was watching her, she went into the garage and stood up on a chair to get a leash down for her dog. Well the chair broke and she feel down 3 cement stairs and hit her head. Oh yea....I freaked out. It took me a minute to collect myself and then to make that phone call to her mom. I just told Desi that she just got hurt and she better come home. I tried to be calm, mmmm not sure if I was. You will have to ask Des.

I had asked her if anything else hurt and she said no. Well now she not only has a black eye but fractured her wrist and she is now in a cast.
Now for some good news-I think?

Jed and I have been wanting to get a bum Lamb for the kids to play with while they were young and then we were going to ship them off when they got big. Well I finally found some lambs but they were clear down in Fountain Green. By the time we decided we were going to get them I found an ad for dwarf goats. I thought..."MMMmmmm they could eat the grass down in the pasture and the kids could still play with them". So Jed and I grabbed Evva and Briggs and took a trip up to Clinton to get 'a' goat.
We were only going to get one but if you bought 2 then it was cheaper, besides they were so stinkin cute!

The first day home they would not eat. I was getting pretty worried about them. I called the lady we bought them from and she asked about the nipples we had bought. We had gone to IFA and got some big black ones. She suggested getting a baby bottle.

So we ran to the store and got a couple of bottles and today they finally eat. The black one is a girl and the tan one is a boy. "FIXED" . I think the girl was the runt. She was the smallest one of the bunch. She was lookin pretty skinny today but I think she will start to fatten up now that she is eating.

When I got home tonight from a baptism, they were so excited to see me. They both climbed on me but the boy had to get right up in my face and lick it. Not sure but I am thinking they are thinking I am their mom.
They are pretty cute!

3 comments:

sully said...

You have got to come and get BreeAnna, she would LOVE to feed these two "babies", and your right- They are Stinkin' CUTE!!!!!!

Jones Family said...

I agree with you and Amber.... They are pretty darn cute. Even for a Grandma that doesn't want pets! Wait.... what did you call them today???? Oh that's right. YOUR BABIES (OK, maybe I am a little jelious about no longer being your baby. LOL)

Sonja said...

Desi, you will always be my baby ;)