Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Prophet, My Hero











I have just a few moments this morning before my two princesses come and thought I would like to take a moment and share some of my thoughts about Pres. Hinckley. I will have to say that I have teared up numerous times over the past few days (surprise)when I think about him. Not because I am sad for him, but how grateful I am for him. He has truly been my prophet. It was in 1995 that I came back into the church.

Some of the comments I have heard that have really stuck out in my head are:
(and please know that I don't have it exactly word for word but by memory. MMMmmmm that could be scary)

Larry King said: "In interviewing religious people, some have questioned his or her religion. I (Larry) can tell you that Pres. Hinckley to my knowledge never questioned his".

Bishop from the Lutheran Church said. "As I heard the news about Pres. Hinckley I saw a light bulb go out over the valley because of the love and 'respect' that people of all religions have for this man."

Sister Hinckleys family being interviewed. Interviewer: "What do you think Pres. Hinckley is saying right now"?
Sister Hincklyes family: "What's all the fuse? there is work to be done"

My testimony grows even stronger with his passing. I know that Pres. Hinckley does know that the church was true. Look at what he has done. Even people from other religions felt the lose that we felt but we know that he is in a much better place and with his sweet wife that he so missed. And yes, there is so much work to be done. The church will go on because it is real. We all need to get to work. (I just wish I had Pres. Hinckleys energy) If he can do it at 97--so can we at our young age.

We will be privileged to have a new prophet soon. I look forward to his teachings and what he will bring to our lives. I will honor and sustain him!

0 comments: