Friday, January 18, 2008

Catch up....

This past week has been a little busy. Our stake had our Recognition dinner and if you can believe it.....I forgot my camera. That made me very sad because, It was so nice. Decorations, help, food, fireside everything was great!

We had wonderful ladies from the Relief society come and help with nursery. 'That was not an easy job'. They were in there for 3 hours with around 16 wild kids. "May they be showered with many blessings"!

Jenny Phillips was amazing. She is so down to earth and leaves us each time with such a strong spirit. I could listen to her for hours on end. Oh wait--I do. MMmmmm for any of you that don't have her CD's. They are incredible. You may need to get one.

Speaking of incredible, what great counselors I have. As I ran around crazy like a chicken with my head cut off, they made sure everything looked right and ready for our youth, along with our wonderful Stake President. I have no words great enough to even express what a great man he is.

I can't leave out our chef. I have a wonderful, talented son in law who cooked a great dinner for our stake. So not only does he do heating and air conditioning, messages but he also cooks. Who could ask for more.

Last night Jed, Derrik, Tysen and I went down to Donna Sandstroms viewing. For those here in our stake, she is the mother of 'Sister Modesty'. The viewing was from 6 to 8 so I talked with Colleen and we decided to meet around 8. When we got there the lines were long...like 2 hours long. They said as soon as the family arrived at the funeral home at 5, the line had started to form. Needless to say it was 10 pm when we made it through the line. What a great tribute to this wonderful lady. I was so glad that I went. Bob is such a good man. Just the expression on his face when he saw me made it all worth the 2 hour wait in line. He will always be dear to my heart.

The funnest part was I ran in to two old friends that I had not seen for...MMMmmmm let's see, (I'm telling on my age here) 30 years and 16 years. Crazy! How much fun though. I went to school with Shelly and worked at Albertsons with Kate down in Orem. Where the line was so long, we were able to catch up a little on the many years gone by. I was also told that we are having our 30 year class reunion. Okay, I can't be that old! WOW!! Where does time go? Speaking of time.....I think it's time to go shopping.

0 comments: