Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another Chapter of my life

Not a lot to update except.....I quit my job last week. It was something I have been thinking about doing for a long time. I have felt like I really needed to be home with the boys so when I was pulled into the office and they told me they were cutting my hours, that pretty much helped me along the way. Some day's I am sad cause I really liked the kids. I really wanted to feel like I could help them is some way but I guess it just wasn't meant to be so here we go again, another chapter in my life.

I am still staying busy with boys, Relief Society,(I am suppose to be studying for my lesson I give in the morning, and here I am blogging) Girls camp and Trek. I don't have a lot of time to slack. I finally finished my activity book for trek. I am way excited about it. If anyone is ever in need, I will get you a copy. A big THANKS to Jenny Phillips. That woman is amazing!

And of course the farm. 4 goats, 10 chickens and 3 Ducks. Tweet is getting bigger each day. The chickens have too but they aren't nice like this duck. Tweet still follows me all around and if I leave the room, he get's louder and louder. It is hilarious. Our ducks aren't very nice to him 'yet' but I keep telling them "you better be nice cause it will be you that will leave, not Tweet". Yea, Tweet is my duck. Oh, if ducks could only talk. One of our goats keeps jumping over the fence and hangs out with our neighbors goats and horses. He is so mischievous! It's a good thing that our neighbor is cool about it.

So as far as yard work ... MMmmm what can I say. I cleaned up a little area and planted some flowers. When I went to get the flowers, the yellow just stuck out so I went with yellow.

When I got home and got it all planted it looked so nice, and it even matches my front lawn. lol....

We still have so much work to do and we thought that it would only take 2 years to fix up. OMG...we are coming up on our 2 years. I can hardly believe it. I don't even dare predict how much longer it will take. With all the farm animal we are getting though, I think Jed is planning to stay for a while. He loves the farm life. I am kinda liking it too. I guess I would be happy anywhere as long as I was with Jed.

1 comments:

Jolene_Gary said...

I sure miss seeing you at work but I understand you have to do what is best for your family. I enjoy keeping updated through your blog. Mine is now private so send your email address so I can add you. Thanks for being a great friend. Love ya.