Friday, June 5, 2009

The past little while our little family has had there share of trials. I keep waiting for things to get better and then something else happens. I am sure I am not the only one that has had trials in the past month so I decided that I would focus on some of my blessings.

Desi had a birthday last week. I would have to say she is one of my greatest blessings, of course my boys are also part of my greatest blessing too. I always wanted a little girl so Desiree (meaning Desired one) really fit when I named her.
She is so organized.
Takes such good care of her family and ours :)
Would do anything for anyone....and she does.
I think she get more beautiful each year which is pretty hard to do when you are the most beautiful baby to begin with.
She always keeps things in perspective.
She is doing a great job as camp director.
So what do I love most about her? Everything!
I am so grateful that she is my baby girl.

I don't think I ever gave her permission to grow up. Anyway, Happy Birthday Desi.

It wouldn't be a family gathering if Derrik didn't get tackled. This time by Jed. I don't know but I am thinking that maybe Derrik may be calling it on?????

We love you Derrik. Even when he is going through trials, he always seems to have a smile on his face and a good out look. Okay, maybe after the tears dry up. I hate to see him cry. That's just not my Derrik. It's nice to know that we are family and nobody can take that away from us.

2 comments:

sully said...

So Des, Why did your cake come in a box???

Jones Family said...

LOL- Amber I asked the same thing. Evva said I needed a Barbie cake like hers. But when it comes down to it Costco cake is my fav!!!