Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Warnings of The Proclamation


We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.
We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.
I don't think that it could have been said any more clearly. I can personally testify that by not following these warnings that calamity and disintegration does happen within a family. As I have gone through it and watched some of my family go through heartache-I always wonder how Heavenly Father feels as He watches His children not follow the commandments given to us. I think of our Heavenly Mother with tears in Her eyes waiting for all Her children to come home. I think our our Savior, who suffered in my behalf wondering when we will "follow him".
I know that no matter what my children do, I still and will always love them. I am so proud of who they are. There are day's that I want to just take them away and hide them in a safe place until all the heartache is over. But I can't. I just hope and pray that one day, our family will be an eternal family with that fairy tale ending....

0 comments: