Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

We all talked about not going to the cabin this weekend because we had to much to do. With everyone moving it just seemed like we should stay and get things done.

I am so glad that we didn't stay home.

We didn't go up til Saturday but that was good. We still got in a little Park City and shopping (love priesthood session).

Tim and Ang came up with some of the kids too. The only ones missing were Der and Meg. Can't say I don't blame them for not coming. Bailee is still a little small for the cabin and yes...snow.

The kids had fun playing in the snow...even Jed.

Games and lot's of junk food.
Man, I really need to get back to the gym!
I love spending time with the family out and away from the everyday norm. We had some good visiting. I even saw a big elk. I wish I would have had my camera to show everyone.
The best thing next to my family was to sit and listen to conference with my family. I loved the message's. I realized that I need to re-commit to reading my scriptures more often and be more diligent in my prayers. Service was another thing I realized I have been slacking on. Yes, I need to do better! As I listened to Pres. Monson, the feeling of humility came upon me so strong. I have been so blessed in my life. How grateful I am to be a part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. How grateful I am to live in Utah and be so close to the center of the Church, surrounded by members. Best of all....that I am sealed to my sweet husband and 'some' of our family. (we are working on the rest).

0 comments: