Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lake Ridge 10th Ward Youth Conference


Jed and I were asked if we would help put together youth conference for the 10th ward this year. With all of the Temple Celebration stuff going on it just didn't happen during the summer. I was actually really glad that we got to plan this with the youth. We only had 2 weeks to do it but we still had fun.

Our theme this year is in 1 Timothy 4:12....Be thou an example.

Our t-shirts said "DARE TO BE DIFFERENT 1Timothy 4:12" They really turned out cute even with the little bit of trouble we had getting them. I really liked them.

Friday night we had speakers come and talk to us about the scripture so the 1st speaker talked about Word, 2nd Conversation etc. It was very good. We had Pres. Burbidge (who is an amazing speaker/Sem teacher) Sister Monson whom the youth grew to love as she was over the dance during the celebration, Bro. Medge from our ward, Desi, Kris, Jed and I. Because of the Cyprus Football game ;) we ended at 7 PM so that we could all go support our team and yes.....we won. Just don't ask who won this week.

Saturday we fixed breakfast and went over to our church and did service. The young men set up all the folding chairs in the church and we washed them all down. Then cleaned the church. I was so proud of our youth. It was so nice walking in our church the next day and knowing that we had served not only our ward but our Savior. His home looked quit nice. We then let them go home and get ready for the ropes course. They came back and thanks to the seminary people we had a quick BBQ. They had given us all the left overs from their tailgate party the night before. Those kids ate well this weekend. Then off to the ropes course.

I don't know why I enjoy the ropes courses so much. I am deathly afraid of heights but I do enjoy going. We had a lot of fun as you can see from the pictures. Our Bishop was crazy enough to go up a tree blind folded and jump off. Only our Bishop! Love ya Bishop ;) I love watching the youth as they are challenged with each obstacle. We have such great youth. We had a testimony meeting and ate pizza and came home.

I can not tell you how much I love being with our youth. They are so amazing. I have truly been blessed more than you could ever emagine living in Magna..in the Lake Ridge 10th Ward. You are all so great....THANK YOU!

1 comments:

Jen said...

You will be leaving a large hole here. I hope you know every minute of your service has been recorded in heaven. We love you!