Monday, July 20, 2009


Yesterday was Tim "J"s birthday. Most of you know what a procrastinator I am. Yes me (
..well, Saturday night Jed and I went to the temple and of course we did the dinner thing after. On the way home, around 11 pm I remembered that I needed some whipping cream and birthday candles. I was so tired that we just went home and to bed thinking "maybe I will just get it in the morning or have Timmy run in and get it for me".
The next day I went to visit a wards young women's.
Guess what our lesson was on?
Yup...Keeping the Sabbath day holy.
I will have to say "Thanks Tami, I really needed that lesson more than you know".
So what does this have to do with Tim's birthday?
Well, I had to improvise.
Check out his candle. And you know ... he didn't even care.
The whipping cream would have been good but...it was still good. And, he didn't even care there was no whipping cream. Thanks Tim.
We hid his birthday present out in the trunk of the car and made him go out in the hot air to get it.

We had most of our kids home for dinner and had a very nice dinner and game of "Farkle". Even though I lost, it was fun. After everyone went home and we were back in our 'quiet' home, Jed and I reflected on what a great husband Desi had. She could not have found a better father for those 3 kids that I love so much and Husband for my precious daughter. We are so grateful to have him as a part of our family. Thank you Tim for being that man.

1 comments:

Jones Family said...

LOL- I am the procrastinator. Didn't read this until today. He is a great Dad and husband. I am so lucky!