Monday, April 20, 2009

So lots has happened this past week. Timmy turned 30. I can hardly believe that. I remember my 30th birthday. I locked myself (and kids) in the house for 3 days. So glad 30 came and went! Tim took 30 a little better than I did. That was last Monday.....


Then it was Jeddys birthday (Jeds boy). I did tell you this was the month for birthday, right?
Then... Jed turned 50....yep I said 50 on the 17th. Of course we had to do a surprise birthday party for him. Black balloons etc..

I'm not sure what he was thinking when he came through the door but let me just tell you the days leading up to this moment.

I asked the Bishop if I could have Mark call and schedule an appointment with him to see the Bishop. I thought "oh, he will call him on Thursday night and Jed will run right up".
ummmm no!
He called him Tuesday night. Jed came home so worried. For 2 days he was worried about what the Bishop wanted to see him about. So Thursday came and he gets up to the church about 20 to 7.

Yes he was 20 minutes early.

People were trying to get in with out him seeing them. Jed saw Pres. Hardmans truck and started looking all over the church for him. Thanks to Tyler, he steered him back over to the Bishops office.

I then had Brad go and get them from his office to come down to the multi purpose room where we were all waiting. Yea, 20 minutes later.

The Bishop didn't want to be a part of my lie so he had to find something to talk to him about. I will have to say that I will always remember this day. Good friends! Good memories!

Pres. Hardman etched this picture. We love it!! Thanks to all of you that made this day so memorable. Thanks Lesa for all your help. You are so good to stay and help.
I will have to say that one of the best birthday gifts he got was one of his YM (scouts) got baptised on Saturday. Jed has always felt very close to Jace and this just made his day.

I wasn't there early enough to get the 'original' pictures in white. This is all I got, but he really did go through with it.

These are the great missionaries that we have serving are area.

We are so proud of Jace and the choice that he made. I know it was not an easy decision for him. I will have to say that he has a great mother who has taught him well. She continues to amaze me. I learn from her all the time.



Then to top it off, we had a spiritual weekend of Stake Conference! That will have to be another blogging moment :D
One more thing: Thank you Tim and Desi for all your help with everything this past week. You two are the best! We love you

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday JED!!!! If I'd known that I woulda bought a bunch of stuff Justin coulda set up on his desk at work