Monday, August 2, 2010

I received this poem from a sweet lady in our old ward the other day. I still have no idea why she would give this to me but it sure did touch my heart at a time that I really needed it.
I wanted to share it will all of you.....


Walking Home With You

Not long ago when I was home with Father every day,
He finally said, "It's time for school," and sent me on my way.
Just as I was leaving there, He said, "Please hurry home."
"I'm sending others too, so you won't be alone."
He knew that I would need a friend, So he sent you to help me home again.
And I would like to thank you for everything you do.
I'm glad I'm walking home with you.
During times I realize that I have so much to learn.
There is someone there teaching me at every turn.
And when the road is rocky and my heart starts to complain.
You are there to comfort me and take away the pain.
He knew that I would need a friend. So he sent you to help me home again.
And I will like to thank you for every thing you do.
I'm glad I'm walking home with you.

Christy Riches Hickson

1 comments:

Unknown said...

A wonderful poem! :)