Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Zoee has been asking me for a while now about my mom. She wanted to know everything about her. Her favorite color. Where she lives. I told her "of course" that she lives with Heavenly Father but her body was in the Provo Cemetery. She has asked for weeks now if I would take her to see her grave. What a perfect way for her to understand a little about what memorial day is. We started at the Provo Cemetery where both parents are along with my Grandma Myrle and my sister Karen.
It has been a while since I have been down there so it was good for me too.

Zoee had asked me questions all the way down and she wrote everything down on a piece of paper. Then she put her not along side the flowers so people could read a little bit about who they were. She is so cute!




Then we went up to where Jed's dad was buried. He was a Vet and buried at the Veterans cemetery. It was way cool to see all the flags out on each of the grave sites. Zoee wrote down all about Grandpa Richardson too.

On our way home we drove by our new Temple. Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

Jed had set up the tents to dry out and the kids thought that was the coolest thing ever. They loved playing in them.

We had a BBQ. Tim cooked the best chicken ever .... and I am sick of chicken so you know it was good if I ate it.
We also worked in the yard, but that is for my next blog.
It was a nice day off! I am not sure if I am ready to go back to work but seeing that I only have to work two days this week, I might be able to handle it. This will be a very busy week with the Temple Celebration and Friday Evva goes back up to Primary Children's to have them look at her heart.

0 comments: