Sunday, January 25, 2009

Los Hermanos 2009

Every year my family gets together around my moms birthday. It is amazing how fast time goes by because I remember blogging about this just yesterday and yet it seems like forever sense I have been with them. We have so much to catch up on. I am sure that Los Hermanos wonders when we are ever going to leave. I think we were there for about 3 hours and could have stayed a lot longer. Maybe it was because it was raining out side and we knew that it couldn't be a Peterson good-bye in the parking lot.

I know I have said this a million times and I will probably say it a million more but I have the best family ever. I was so blessed to be born into such a great family. We all get along so well. There isn't anything that I wouldn't do for any of them.

We all took turns going around and updating each other about our families. It was fun knowing most of what was going on from reading every ones blogs....I love blogs. Besides I have the cutest nieces and nephews too.

This is my sister Colleen and her husband Craig. We are the closest in age (is it 28 or 29 now)? She just got put in as her ward Young Women's President. Those girls are so lucky! She will be such a good leader and example for those girls. The funny thing is is that she has about 90 young women in her ward. We have about 90 active young women in our stake. She is going to be busy.
They have 3 'beautiful' girls that I tend to call my own.

My sister Susan and her husband Mark. They have been serving at the MTC as 2nd Counselor in the Presidency. They have just been put back in as 1st counselor. So they will be at the MTC for a little longer. They are such good examples and each of their children are amazing too. They have 8 children (or should I say grownups)?
I didn't realize that I didn't get a picture of Chuck and Jim together. I guess I was too busy talking and eating. I'll do better next year. This is my sister Chuck (above in the blue) and her husband Jim (below in blue). These two are amazing. For those of you here in Magna, he was a seminary teacher at Brockbank a few year back. They both are such great teachers. I have done my share of running to them and learning so much from them. They are such humble loving people, I have so much to learn from them.
They have 4 great Sons.

My sister Janet and her husband Phil. They are always there. They live the furthest from us and yet I always know that they will be there. She is so amazing and I am so grateful for her. She takes after my mom is so many ways and my mom was a pretty amazing lady. They have 6 sons and daughters.

This is my brother Pete and his wife Colleen. Are they not the cutest!!! My brother the Knight. What more can I say. I could go on and on.....but I will just say he has the cutest wife ever. I had so much fun visiting with her and laughing about her daughters blog and how grateful we were when she finally blogged so that we didn't have to see those ugly teeth each time we signed into her blog. So if any of you need a good laugh http://beckyjohnson3.blogspot.com/ seriously funny! Anywho.....so Colleen wonders where Becky got her personality from, I would have to say from you Colleen. You have always been so much fun.
They have 5 daughters and 1 son. By the way Congratulations Andrew and Brooke. He is darling (#2 boy).

To the other Colleen (Diane) Thank you for getting us all together this year. I am glad that you are willing to take the lead. I had such a good time and I love each of you so much, word just cant describe.

4 comments:

Young Family said...

It sounds like you all had so much fun together!! I love the pictures of everyone. By the way....CONGRATS to Grandma on another sweet grandbaby. We are so excited!!

Craig & Colleen said...

Thank you for your sweet tribute! I am so grateful you are my sister! I love you! We do have a wonderful family, don't we?!

Rachael said...

Is that Bro. Brown? I totally had him for a seminary teacher when he was the principal over at Kearns High...LOVED IT!!

Sorry I haven't commented for a while I forgot about those blogs that went private...my updater doesn't change when you update because you are private so this is the first time checking ina while sorry!!

Dan and Bec said...

Thanks for posting this! I love seeing pictures of my fabulous Aunts and Uncles! Mom gave me the update on everyone! Glad to hear you and Jed are doing great!